In its simplest sense, auto insurance is smart planning — planning that can help protect you from expensive, sometimes devastating surprises.
Think of auto insurance as part of your total financial plan; a powerful tool that can help:
- Safeguard the investment you’ve made in your car
- Shield you from the costly damages of an accident-related lawsuit
- Protect you from uninsured or under-insured motorists
- Pay for damage repairs due to theft, vandalism, or natural disasters; and, of course,
- Strengthen your peace of mind, every time you take to the road.
What is Third Party Insurance?
Third Party is the Government mandated coverage in order to operate a motor auto in the Cayman Islands. This coverage provides protection for you in the event you cause an accident where there is property damages and/or bodily injury to anyone else. If you caused property damage to someone in an accident, we would provide coverage up to $250,000 KYD to repair or replace the property for that other person. If you caused bodily injury to someone in an accident, we would provide coverage up to $1,000,000 KYD to any 1 person for a total of $5,000,000 KYD for EVERY person injured in one accident.